What An Employer Needs to Know
PGM student internships are a cooperative program between the Department of Horticulture & Crop Science, the OSU PGM program of The Ohio State University at Columbus and approved employers who furnish facilities and instruction where students may acquire the skills and knowledge needed in their chosen area of specialization.
The OSU PGM student intern agrees to:
- Conform to the normal work hours of the establishment, including overtime when requested
- Report to work on time
- Always keep business matters confidential and work in the best interest of the establishment
- Notify the OSU PGM Internship Coordinator immediately of any dissatisfaction with an employer and/or job
- Submit student observation reports to the OSU PGM Internship Coordinator.
The employer agrees to:
- Employ the student intern for the entire period as agreed upon while working a minimum of 35 hours per week
- Pay the starting wages as per agreement
- Give the student intern the opportunity to work on different jobs in order to acquire and practice various skills that pertain to the respective PGA/PGM Checkpoint level
- Counsel with the student intern, answer questions, and discuss methods and operations
- Notify the OSU PGM Internship Coordinator immediately of any dissatisfaction with the student intern
- Submit the intern evaluation reports to the OSU PGM Internship Coordinator.
The OSU PGM Internship Coordinator agrees to:
- Strive to promote harmony and cooperation between the employer and the OSU PGM student intern which benefits both parties
- Communicate with the employer and OSU PGM student intern to keep abreast of the progress of the internship activities.
To hire an intern please complete our Facility Profile Form.